The homemade salsa recipe I use is from "The Only Texas Cookbook"
(don't remember the author) with variations.
Combine & enjoy.
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped medium fine
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 small jalapeno or 3 serranos chopped fine
- 6 - 12 sprigs of cilantro (coriander leaves) chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt (~1/4 tsp/tomato)
The author says to process in a food blender and use within 3
hours but I just ignore that part.
It keeps for several days in the fridge.
If you use jalapenos, it retains most of its heat but if you use
serranos, it is very mild by the next day.
I use it on taco salads and baked potatoes.
After most of the heat has died down it makes a very good vegetable