from Erin Hazard - Cambridge,
This is a great recipe when you want something healthy and high-protein
but don't have a lot of time.
Serves about 4, or more if used as a filling for burritos or tacos.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 1/2 cups texturized vegetable protein (or 1 bag "Green Giant
Harvest Burger for Recipes")
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14-oz. can black beans, undrained
- 1 8-oz. can corn kernels, undrained
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
Cook onion, peppers and garlic, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Add remaining ingredients, stir well, and reduce heat.
Simmer 20-30 minutes (not necessary if you don't have the time, but
good for blending the flavors & softening the beans.)
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Serve hot over cooked rice, or stuff into taco shells or tortillas.
Feel free to substitute seasonings according to your tastes.
You can even just dump a packet of chili or taco seasoning mix in
if you like.