This is a recipe I tried this week. Very good and rather spicy.
I used the Fresh Mint & Chile Sauce (below).
1. In Food processor, process garlic, ginger, and jalapeno until minced.
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 2-in piece fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, with seeds, stemmed and quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 1/2 T. curry powder
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1/3 C. currants or raisins
- 1/2 t. salt, or to taste
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 C. frozen green peas
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (opt for wheat)
- 1 recipe of Fresh Mint and Chile Sauce (see recipe)
Add onion and pulse until coarsley chopped.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over med. heat.
Add onion mixture and cook stirring, until softened, and light golden,
Add curry powder and cumin, and cook stirring constantly until fragrant,
about 1 minute.
3. Add potatoes, water, currants or raisins, and salt.
Bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes are done, about
Stir in chickpeas, green peas, and cilantro.
Simmer until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt to taste.
4. Meanwhile, warm tortillas in a hot skillet or microwave.
Wrap to keep warm.
5. To serve, set out warm tortillas, curry filling, and sauces.