C. Greenlee - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Adapted from Lorna Sass' Short Cut Vegetarian
Serving Size: 6
Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
- 1 large jalapeno -- minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 7 oz pkg Fantastic Foods Instant Refried Beans
- salt to taste ( 1 to 1 1/ 2 tsp)
- 1 15 oz can corn kernels -- drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Saute onions, garlic, jalapeno, and cumin for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Whisk in the bean flakes (use a whisk or they will lump up) and salt
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the corn and cook, uncovered, until heated through, about
Stir in cilantro just before serving.