Recipe By : Vegetarian Times, October 1996
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:30
In soup pot, saute onion, pepper and chili in oil over medium-high
heat until onion is soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 1/4 onion -- minced
- 1 green bell pepper -- seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper -- seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes with juices -- (about 2 cups)
- 15 ounces kidney beans -- rinsed,drained (2C)
- 15 ounces white hominy, canned -- rinsed & drained
- 2 tablespoons prepared mole sauce
- 1 cup water
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
Makes 8 servings of about 1 cup each.
Posole traditionally is served in clay soup bowls and garnished
with crisp tortilla strips.