Here's the Green Chile Stew recipe I brought back from New Mexico.
Serving Size: 6
In a large pot, saute onion, pepper, and garlic in oil.
- 1 onion -- chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper -- chopped
- 2cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 carrots -- sliced
- 3 potatoes -- cubed
- 1 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes -- drained
- 2 15 oz. canspinto beans -- rinsed & drained
- 17 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups Green Chile Sauce (recipe follows)
- salt & pepper to taste
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Serve for warm tortillas.