Blanchard - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In large kettle, heat oil and saute the chopped onion with lid on.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 branches of celery cut into pieces
- 4 carrots cut into pieces
- 1 small yellow turnip peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup texturized soybean protein (Health food stores)
- 1 tsp either chili powder, or summer savory
(dried is fine, rubbed to make into powder)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 cups water (from previous veggie boiling if possible)
- 1 - 2 tbsp potato flour (for thickening, optional)
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- Sea salt to taste and white pepper to taste.
Add soybean protein, seasoning and water.
Bring to boil and then add the turnip, carrots and celery and let
boil for about 8 minutes, then add the other vegetables and chopped
Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes and then thicken whith the potato
flour and correct seasoning.
The amount of water and length of cooking is determined by how
well done you like your veggies and also how much sauce you like
to have in your stew.