in Party Hats
From: denise, kansas, US
This is a ridiculously easy recipe that can be tailored to suit
- 5-10 large mushrooms
- 1 package of frozen spinach(about 14 oz.)
- 2 medium-large cloves of garlic depending upon taste
- 1 1/4 C. Vegan Rella or other mozzarella replacement
- A few splashes of olive oil
- ***Any other vegetable you like with mushrooms***
Mince/chop the garlic and put it into a skillet with the thawed
spinach and any other veggies you like.
Cook until warm and set aside.
Cut the stems off of the mushrooms and scoop out inside of mushroom
to allow more room for stuffing.
Heat olive oil in the same skillet.
Cook mushrooms and stems in the skillet for 1-2 minutes or until
very light golden brown.
In a baking pan large enough to accomodate the mushroom caps, lay
the caps down so that the opening is face up.
Put the veggie/garlic mixture into the caps so that the caps are
Place the stems in the middle of the stuffed cap to give it the
look of a mushroom in a hat.
To garnish, sprinkle Vegan Rella over the top and voila mushrooms
in party hats!