and Seitan Stroganoff
Serving Size: 4
Heat oil in a large skillet and saute the onion, garlic and seitan,
until onions are translucent.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 4 cups mushrooms -- thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced -- optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 pound dried shiitake mushrooms
- 12 ounces seitan -- cut into strips
- 8 ounces fettucine
Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms soften.
Add lemon juice and spices and mix well.
Mix broth and tahini and add to mushroom mixture, and cook until it
thickens. Add tomato.
Remove from heat.
Season to taste with pepper.
Spoon mixture over hot noodles.
Garnish with parsley.