Easy and Tasty Stew
from: Erin - Calgary, Alberta,
This is a recipe I created out of a need to have thick stew that
would satisfy me and take the place, somewhat, of the chicken stews
I used to make on a day when I needed a delicious comfort food.
Add the following to a large pot or a crock pot.
Add all ingredients and cook for 5 hours or until thick and delicious.
- 4 cups vegetable broth (canned or homeade)
- 3 handfuls of barley
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 can navy beans (or any beans you love)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a good splash of your favorite wine or beer
Great in a crock pot.
Serve with bread and butter or tahini.
I love this!!
Add what ever else you love, but this is how I like it.