1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms, plus sliced mushrooms for
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup low-fat soy milk
- 1 package (10 1/2 ozs.) firm low-fat tofu
- 3 ounces grated reduced-fat Jarlsberg or cheese substitute
2. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil & cook the onions
until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms & cook over high heat for about
Cook until the mushroom mixture is almost dry.
Remove from pan & set aside.
4. In a food processor, blend the egg substitute, milk, & tofu.
Add the cheese & mushroom mixture & stir well.
5. Spray a 10" quiche dish or pie pan with nonstick spray.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and decorate the top with
Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.