and Gina Fraser - Perth, Western Australia
Preheat oven to 190oC.
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed and diced
- Quarter teaspoon ground ginger
- 350g unsalted cashew nut pieces
- Half cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Half cup of soya flour for binding (more if required)
Saute the onions in oil in a frypan until tender.
Add the tomatoes and ginger to pan and simmer another five minutes.
Using a coffee grinder or food processor, grind the cashew nuts into
a coarse meal.
Combine the wholemeal breadcrumbs and herbs.
Mix dry ingredients, then add soya flour and stir in.
Add the onion and tomato mixture to the large mixture and stir well.
Brush vegetable oil around the inside of a loaf dish to avoid
sticking and then pack the mixture into the loaf dish, eliminating
any air pockets.
Bake until cooked through and light brown on top; usually about
Serve with freshly made tomato sauce, and a variety of vegetable