Resource Center - Boston, USA
Heat the oil in a skillet, add all of the ingerdients except for the
black beans and tomatos, saute ontil onions are soft but not glassy
- 2 cups black beans (cooked or canned)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic.* (if you want, substitute
the minced fresh garlic with 1& 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- 1cup crushed or diced tomatoes. (fresh or canned/ make sure
the skin is removed)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
using a pot that can hold not only the beans and tomatos but all of
the other ingredients as well, heat and mix the beans and tomatos
until they are just lightly bubbling
if you use raw tomato cover the pot once the mixture starts bubbling.
Then turn the heat low and cover for 10 minutes.
Once both mixtures are ready, fold them together in the pot and heat
for an additional 2 minutes, stirring well.
Salt to taste and serve hot over rice or cornbread!