Salsa De Cilantro - Pebre
From: Mrs Goodall
I was looking for a really good Pico de Gallo salsa. I came upon this fabulous Chilean version (Pebre) in the Moosewood cookbook. Apparently this is Chile's most popular side dish and is served with every meal. Awesome just with chips or with anything you'd serve with salsa.
- 1/3 cup minced onion (or scallions)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Tabasco or your favorite brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
Will keep, refrigerated, for 3 or 4 days.