I made this the first time last night.
My husband and I both loved it, and it was so easy to make.
- 2 c cooked rice
- 1 lg. can red kidney beans
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lg. stalk of celery, chopped to 1/4" pieces
- 1 pouch vege broth powder
- 3/4 c hot water
- 1 tsp. corn starch, mixed in 2 tbs. cold water
- 1-2 tsp. Jerk sauce (we like Grace)
Mix hot water and vege broth in large, non-stick frying pan; bring
to a boil.
Add beans and veges and simmer for 5-10 mins., until celery is slightly
Mix jerk sauce with 1 tsp. water and stir in.
Cover and simmer for 2 mins.
Add corn starch and stir until thickened.
Serve over rice.