from Vegetarian Ttimes... very spicy.
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts
- 1/2 small habanero chile, seeded and minced (use gloves or
coat fingertips with oil first and don't touch your face)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3/4 cup apricot juice (can substitute with something like
peach/mango juice or apple juice)
- 2 tbsp PURE maple syrup
- 2 8 oz packages tempeh, each cut into 10 thin strips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare marinade: In medium
bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except for the tempeh. Pour
into large shallow baking dish.
Add tempeh, turning to coat. Cover and bake, 40 minutes. Remove
from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
My notes: I put the habanero, garlic and ginger into the food
processor instead of mincing them buy hand. actually, I throw
everything but the tempeh into the processor and blend it up until
smooth. but it is nice to have the scallion slices if you are
into it. i cook for people who say they don't like scallions so
I whir them up so they don't notice them but we still get the
flavor from them.