Cuban Bean Dip
This is a wonderfully fresh "dip" if you want to use it as that - but is also good inside tacos, as a side - whatever you want to use it for.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or canola oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes. Chill well - overnight is best. Mix in tomatoes just before serving.