After trying this salsa, it is hard to go back to store-bought salsa. I could eat my weight in this stuff, along with tortilla chips. Yum!!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green serrano chilies or jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped (I use one of each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet Spanish onion or vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
In a mortar, crush the garlic, chile peppers, and salt and make a paste, using a circular motion with the pestle.
Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.