Black Bean Soup
From: Karen C.
Lorna Sass' Short Cut Vegetarian.
Serving Size: 4
In a soup pot or large saucepan, bring the water, coconut milk,
and tomatoes (with liquid) to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 14 oz can "lite" coconut milk
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes w/green chiles*
- 1 7 oz pkg Fantastic Foods Instant Black Beans
- salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Whisk in the Instant Black Beans and season with salt and Tabasco.
Cover, turn off the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Stir well and reheat if necessary.
Serve in soup bowls garnished with cilantro.
* or substitute one can of diced tomatoes plus 1 chopped jalapeno