Recipe By: Vegetarian Times, Jan. 1999
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard -- up to 2
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
- 1/2 pound uncooked spiral, shell or elbow pasta
- water for boiling
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, slice asparagus lengthwise in quarters,
then across in 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Cut carrots in similar-size julienned pieces.
Steam or blanch vegetables for a few minutes.
Drain pasta well. Stir in oil to prevent pasta from sticking together.
Combine with vegetables, dressing, capers and parsley.
Adjust flavor with more vinegar or salt, and serve warm or at
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: 127 Cal.; 3g Prot.; 5g Fat; 18g Carb.; 0 Chol.; 315mg
Sod.; 5g Fiber.