From: Karen C.
Serving Size : 6
Cut onion, squash, bell peppers, and carrots into thin strips.
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 3 medium yellow, red, or green bell peppers
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 16 oz pkg uncooked Arborio rice
- 4 14.5 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
Saute vegetable strips and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over
medium-high heat until tender; stir in chopped rosemary.
Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
Add rice to Dutch oven, and saute 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and cook, stirring constantly, until
liquid is absorbed.
Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1 cup at a time (cooking
time is approximately 30 minutes).
Stir in salt and black and white pepper.
Spoon into a serving dish; top with vegetable mixture.
Garnish, if desired.