from: Mirian M.Costa - Sao Paulo/SP/Brazil
From friends of a vegetarian list
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process
until completely smooth.
- 1 cup water
- 2 small cloves roasted garlic
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 T tahini (the larger amount makes it cheesier)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 T quick-cooking rolled oats
- T arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1/8 t dry mustard
- 1.5 t onion powder
- /2 t salt, or salt-free seasoning
Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until smooth and thick.
Cook the sauce until you reach the consistency you want - it will
thicken right up to a spread if you let it.
If you're going to have it sit while you assemble the pizza, stop
cooking when it's a little on the thin side and cover the pot.
It thickens as it cools.