From: Karen C.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living; Serving Size : 8
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat and cook onion until
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 10.75 oz can tomato soup with basil -- undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder -- (optional)
- 2 16 oz cans kidney beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 16 oz can Italian green beans -- drained
- 1 carrot -- chopped
- 1 zucchini -- chopped
- 8 ounces rotini pasta -- cooked
Stir in tomatoes, next 7 ingredients, and, if desired, chili powder.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30
In the meantime, during last few minutes of simmering soup, cook
pasta per package directions, drain, and set aside.
Stir in kidney beans and next 3 ingredients.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
Stir in pasta.