From: Karen C.
GreenleeServing Size: 4
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 largeonion -- chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 14 oz. can Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups or 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried) -- minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried) -- crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/8 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent,
about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in rice, add water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover
and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
Pour stewed tomatoes into blender and process until pureed.
Add to the rice along with the beans, corn, herbs, salt, and pepper
and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.