You can use Beans/Carrot/Yellow or Mexican Squash/Beetroot - 1/2
If using Carrot or Beetroot, grate them.
If others, cut them into small pieces (cubes).
You can also use carrot and beans together; then cut carrots too
into small cubes.
Heat oil, fry mustard seeds, then add onion, and stir until it turns
- chilli powder - 1/2 spoon.
- turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon.
- desiacted/shredded coconut - 1/2 cup.
- onion - 1/3, cut into small pieces.
- oil, salt, mustard seeds, and curry leaves (optional).
Then add salt, then chilli and turmeric, and stir well. Add coconut,
stir well for while, and then add the veg.
Cover it and cook on a low flame.
Give a stir once a while between a couple of minutes, until it is
cooked. Thoran ready!
(You can add cummin powder [a pinch] too if you like.)