From: Padma Bharadwaj, Sydney, Australia
Good for health Tastes good
- Frozen Spinach - 250 gms
- Split Peas (or can use Toor Dhal) - 1 cup
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 to 1 tsp depending on how hot you need
- Salt - to taste
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice - few drops (optional)
- coriander leaves, curry leaves and coconut to garnish
Cook split peas in pressure cooker or boil it on stove still soft.
Thaw and cook spinach in microwave for about 5 to 7 minutes on High.
Heat a shallow pan, add olive oil and splutter mustard seeds. Then
add the peas and spinach. Boil for a couple of minutes. Add all
ingredients except lemon juice. Bring it to boil. Turn off the stove.
Add lemon juice. Garnish with fresh coriander and curry leaves and
desiccated or fresh grated cocunut.
Tastes nice with chapathi and hot rice