Green Beans Stir Fry
Source: Usha Raju, Quick and easy recipes for frozen vegetables:
Heat oil in a skillet.
- French cut green beans 1 packet
- urad dal (minapa pappu) 2 tbsps
- Seasoning ingredients: Mustard seed, cumin seed, dry red pepper
- Crushed red pepper (pizza pepper) 1/2-1tsp
- Minced dry garlic 1/2 -1 tsp.
- Vegetable Oil 2-3 tbsp
Use Indian seaonings and urad dal and other seasoning ingredients.
Do not over brown the urad dal (it looks nice when it is still white
and tastes better).
Add frozen or thawed green beans and stir fry on medium high until
the water evoperates almost completely.
Add crushed red pepper, minced garlic and salt to taste.
Cook for few more minutes.
Garnish with chopped coriander.
Tastes and smells great.
Preparation time:10-15 minutes.
Try flavoring other combination frozen mixed vegetables with minced
garlic and crushed red pepper.