for 6 servings
Khira is a long, ridged, pale green north Indian variety of cucumber
available in summer.
- 18 pieces (2'' long) of cucumber (khira)
- 4 tbsps oil
- For filling
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated
- 1/2 cup moong dal, cooked crushed
- 1/2 tbsp green chilli-ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Big pinch asafoetide
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder or raw mango grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Cut pieces and make one slit lengthwise for stuffing.
Mix all ingredients for filling and stuff in the cucumber pieces.
Heat oil in a kadai.
Add cucumber pieces.
Cover and cook on medium heat till cucumber is cooked but tender
and crisp, not over cooked.
Serve hot with parathas.