From: Karen C.
Cook lentils per package directions, adding garlic and next 6 ingredients;
drain, stir in cilantro.
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 carrots -- diced
- 1 medium onion -- diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons to 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro -- chopped
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil
- 1 x 9 oz. jar mango chutney
Cut each wrapper into 4 squares; spoon about 1 teaspoon lentil
mixture on half of each square.
Moisten edges with water and fold in half diagonally, pressing edges
with a fork to seal.
Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch into a large skillet or Dutch oven;
heat to 375 degrees.
Fry, 3 at a time, 30 seconds or until golden, turning once, and
drain on paper towels.
Serve immediately with mango chutney.
Makes 3 dozen.