Combine the tomatoes, scallions, mint, ginger, and lemon or lime juice
in a medium bowl.
- 2 large tomatos, cut into thin wedges
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger root
- 4 tsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. black mustard seeds
- salt to taste
Heat the oil in a small pan or skillet and add the mustard seeds.
When the seeds begin to pop, remove the pan from the heat. Pour
the oil and seeds over the tomato mixture, add salt to taste, and
toss lightly. Let the salad marinate for about 30 minutes before