- A South Indian sweet
(1) Shred the coconut.
- 700 gms Sugar
- 1/4 ltr Kadala Mavu (Chick peas flour)
- 1 Coconut
- 70 gms Cashewnuts Kesari powder
- 7-8 Cardamom
- vegetable oil
Break the cashewnuts into small pieces and fry them in oil.
Powder the cardamom.
(2) Heat water in a vessel containing 1/4 ltr. of water and add
the sugar to it.
After the sugary liquid is no longer thin, add the coconut shreds
and heat it until it turns thick.
(3) Then add the kadala mavu gradually and keep stirring to ensure
uniformity in the mixture.
After all the kadala mavu is added and after sufficient stirring,
add the fried cashewnut pieces and kesari powder and oil/margarine
and stir the mixture well.
After you are sufficiently satisfied that you get a 'mysore_pagu'
odour :-) add the powdered cardamom and mix it thoroughly and stop
(4) Pour the mixture onto a plate which could accomodate sufficient
Cut into rectangular pieces while hot.
NOTES This recipe is a translation from 'samaithu paar', a cookbook