Sri Lankan Curry Powder
I am a Sri Lankan and I love cooking. This is my curry powder recipe that I got from my mother. I use this for all the curries.
1 small bottle
- 1 cup coriander seed
- 1/2 cup cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 3 teaspoons cardamom seeds
- 15 curry leaves (optional)
- 3 inches ramps (optional)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (whole mustard)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw rice (can use Basmathi Rice)
In a dry frying pan, over low heat, roast each ingredient separately till light-medium brown.
Stir constantly[coriander, cumin, ani seeds, rice must be fairly brown, but do not let them burn].
Mix all the roasted ingredients, put into a grinder and grind to a fine powder.
Store in an air tight jar.
For vegitable curry, use about 1/2 Tsp of curry powder.