- An accompaniment to lots of South Indian dishes & Snacks
(1) grind above in a blender. season with hing, mustard seeds and
- 1.5 cups coconut (shredded)
- 1.0 channa dhal (roast until golden brown)
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2-3 tsps jeera
- 0.5 tsp tamarind concentrate (or lemon juice) salt to taste
(2) Chutney variant #1.. grind 2 bunches coriander leaves for
lip-smacking 'coriander chutney'
NOTES Experiment with the proportions.
Me thinks that's the best way to learn. corrections welcome...