From: gayathri, coimbatore, india
Most balanced of foods-from grandmas and aunties who loved to
cook and feed the family.
cooking time-15 minutes
- Tamarind water-1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander-1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Pepper and cumin-2teaspoons powdered
- asaefotida powder-1/4 teaspoon
- salt-1 teaspoon
- Boiled lentils(tuvar dal)-2 tablespoons full
- veg oil-1/4 teaspoon
- mustard and cumin seeds-1/4 teaspoon
Chop the tomatoes into quarters and combine ingredients1-6.Boil
for 10 minutes.
Add boiled lentils and simmer for 4 minutes.Season with oil and
Use as a soup or serve with boiled white rice.
Those who have rasam powder can add 1 teaspoon with first set of