From: Radha Rao -Missouri, USA
Will make 20 adais of medium size
- urid dal 1/2 cup
- Chana Dal 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal 1/2 cup
- Rice long grain/basmati 1 cup
- chillies green/red 3. 5 if you like it hot
- ginger root 1/2" piece
- jeera (cuminseeds) 2 teaspoon
- Salt 3 tsp.
- vegetable shortening or oil
- curry leaves 12 (cut into small pieces)
Soak dals and rice for 2 hrs. Grind them otgether with chillies,
jeera and ginger in a blender. Add the salt and curry leaves.
On a flat tava/frying pan on medium heat pour 1 tespoon of shortening
or oil when it is heated, add the batter and spread it like dosa.when
it turns golden with red hue, turn it and cook the other side.
Serve hot with choice if chutney.
May add little tamarind paste for sour tinge or a little suger
for sweet tinge depending on individual taste