Pilaf with Kidney Beans
Fatfree Indian Beans and Rice
Mix together in a 3 to 5 quart pot or a rice cooker:
Cook, covered, until water is gone and rice is done.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 15 or 16 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 apple chopped (don't use red delicious; use golden delicious
- 2 tsp vegetarian bouillon (or omit water and use 2 1/4 cups
- 1 tsp salt (if bouillon does not have salt; otherwise omit salt)
- 1 Tbsp curry powder, mild
- 1 Tbsp. coconut
- 2 1/4 cups water
Notes: This is great served in the acorn squash boats.
The sweet flavors really compliment each other.
Or stuff this mixture into pitas.
I think a rice cooker is a great investment.
You can find ones that sell for under $15, and they can be used
for oatmeal, rice mixes, steaming vegetables, and a host of other
And, your rice will never again boil over!