Serving Size : 4
- 8 oz Pasta (preferably whole wheat spaghetti )
- 2 tb Safflower Oil
- Sm Onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c Sliced Mushrooms (4 oz)
- 2 x Med Zucchini, sliced
- Lg Tomato, cubed
- 15 oz Can Chick peas,drained(1.5 c
- 6 oz Can Tomato paste (2/3 c)
- 2 ts Curry powder, to taste
- 1 c Water
- 1/4 ts Black pepper
GARNISH: scallion curls, opt. (Slice green part very thin lengthwise.
Drop into ice water. Curls will form in about 15 minutes)
Boil a large pot of water; cook pasta until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion,
garlic, mushrooms, and zucchini. Saute until zucchini is tender
but not mushy.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, covered,
for about 8 minutes. When pasta is done, drain well. Spoon vegetables
over pasta. Garnish with scallion curls.
VARIATIONS: - add 1-2 t finely minced gingerroot; saute with