(Tofu) in Tomato Sauce
Raj - Perth, Australia
Self discovered Asian dish ( I am Asian)
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
- Bean curd squares - 4
- Medium size tomatoes - 5, diced into very small pieces
- Garlic - 4 cloves, pounded
- Medium size onion - 1 sliced
- Ground red chilli paste - 1 tablespoon or as desired
- Thick soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garden peas - 3 tablespoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves - as desired, to garnish
- oil - 2 tablspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Fry tofu square till golden brown; drain and dice into small
2) Heat oil in pan and add onion. Cook for 1 min or until soft.
3) Add garlic and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for about
10 mins, or until tomatoes reach a pasty consistency.
4) Add curry powder, chilli paste, soy sauce and salt. Cook for
5) Add diced tofu and garden peas and mix well. Cook for 5mins.
6) Remove from heat.
7) Garnish with coriander leaves.
Best with plain rice, but good with breads and rotis like pratha,
naan, batura and puri.
Bean curd squares would be available in oriental stores.
Pre-fried bean curd is also available, but check expiry date on
You may cook this dish without frying the bean curd if you so