Try one (or both) of these for your family gatherings.
The first one is especially recommended for veg*ns and non-veg*ns
Slice or dice Tofu.
- 1 lb firm or extra-firm Tofu, frozen & thawed & gently pressed
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup vegan 'ch*cken' bouillon powder
- 1 Tbs vegan 'b*ef' bouillon powder
- 1 tsp sugar or Sucanat
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 10-oz can Chinese Braised Gluten (chai pow yu), or 10 oz Seitan,
- 6 - 8 slices thick bread, made into crumbs
- Vegan 'ch*cken' broth (reserved from cooking Tofu)
Put water, bouillons, sugar, and celery seed in a pot.
Bring to boil.
Turn down to simmer.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Drain Tofu, reserving broth.
Put Tofu and Gluten into processor.
Process to a chunky paste.
Put in bowl.
Add breadcrumbs until a mixture is obtained that can be formed into
Pack into a loaf pan or form into a loaf on a baking sheet.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes at 350 F, basting with broth occasionally.
Cool and slice.
Serve with gravy.