Recipe By : Karen C. Greenlee
Serving Size: 1
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 12 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 packets G. Washington's Rich Brown Seasoning&Broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 c. water
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft,
about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms begin to release
Add water, soy sauce, G. Washington Rich Brown Seasoning & Broth,
and cornstarch dissolved in water.
Stir well and simmer until thickened slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
Season with salt & freshly ground pepper.
Serve over lentil & other loaves, mashed potatoes, etc.
A product of American Home Food Products, Inc., 685 Third Ave.,
NY, NY 10017.
I purchased mine at a Seventh Day Adventist Book & Natural Foods
Also available in Golden, Onion and Vegetable.