Portobello Mushrooms, Sweet Peppers and Onions
From: Karen C.
Recipe By : Bon Appetit, November, 1997
Serving Size: 8
Prepare gril*l (medium-high heat).
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 4 inch portobello mushrooms, stemmed, cut out -- and discard
- 2 large red bell peppers -- halved, seeded
- 2 large yellow bell peppers -- halved, seeded
- 2 large red onions, cut into -- 1/2" thick rounds
Whisk vinegar, oil, thyme and lemon peel in large bowl to blend
Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
Brush vinaigrette over vegetables.
Grill until mushrooms are tender and juicy, and peppers and onions
are crisp-tender, about 12 minutes per side.
Cut mushrooms and peppers into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
Toss mushrooms, peppers and onions in a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
* Can also be prepared in oven on a broiler pan at about 400-450