From Danika Simpson
Use a large mixing bowl and mix together pre-soaked bulgar wheat with
just enough dressing to moisten.
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups pre-soaked bulgar wheat
- 2 cups or 1 to 2 bunches finely chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 large or 3 small tomatos finely chopped
- 3 large or 4 small cucumbers peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
- fresh pressed garlic
- pita or mountain bread
- vinagrette or light textured italian style dressing
Add chopped parsley, tomato and cucumber.
If you use an electric chopper for the tomato and cucumber, they will
be mostly juice and pulp.
This is acceptable for a softer salad, however you will get better
results from hand chopping, though this can be quite time consuming.
Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
Cover and chill salad for at least 2 hours...it needs time to soak
in it's own juices to really bring out the flavor of all the ingredients.
Spoon onto warmed pita or mountain bread to serve.
The salad will be quite juicy at the bottom of the bowl.
Do not remove the juice, as it acts as a marinade, the longer it soaks,
the more flavorful it becomes.
This juice can later be used as a dressing on potatos or a leafy salad,
or as a marinade for cooking vegetables.
Serves: 10-15. Preparation time: 30 minutes