(thought I'd throw in another spelling, too) ;-)
- 2 cups raw bulgur
- 4 cups water
- Simmer 20 minutes, cool, refrigerate overnight.
Combine the day before, and refrigerate overnight.
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large, juicy lime
- 1 ounce dry sherry
- 2 ounces shoyu
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbs. minced onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- A few sprigs of lemon basil, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger root
Place bulgur in a large bowl and break up fine.
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 medium cucumbers - dice 1-1/2 in 1/2-inch dice, and save the
other 1/2 for garnish
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, diced or cut in wedges
- Several handfuls each bean sprouts and alfalfa sprouts
- One handful radish sprouts (These are especially good. If you
don't have any, use some very thinly sliced radishes)
Add veggies and dressing and toss well.
Slice the 1/2 cucumber, and cut slices into half circles.
Stand them up around the edge of the bowl, flat side down, to create
a 'scalloped' edge.
Put together just before serving, as the veggies tend to leach liquid.
If you do this too far ahead, you'll have a 'soup' at the bottom of