modified from the other strawberry tabouleh recipe included in
this index, to reduce fat
Combine bulgar wheat, water and salt in a pot with tight-fitting lid.
Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat & cook fifteen minutes. When done,
drain off any excess water, fluff with fork & let cool.
- 1½ cups bulgar wheat
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 package fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup pecan pieces, toasted
1. Toast pecan pieces on a cookie sheet under broiler or in a
dry cast iron fry pan. Let cool.
2. Combine strawberries, parsley & mint in a salad bowl or large
plastic container with lid.
3. When bulgar wheat is cool, add lemon juice & olive oil to it
& mix well.
4. Add bulgar wheat mixture to strawberries and herbs. Toss well.
5. Just before serving, add toasted pecan pieces & toss again.
It looks nicer if made just before serving as strawberries haven't
had time to bleed.