This is a Middle East dish, I love having different salads next
to it like roasted peppers, tahini, tomato salad.
- London, England
Serves 4-8 depending what you serve it with
1. Cook rice (watch that it does not dry from over cooking)
- 1 cup of whole rice (not white)
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices or rings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of choped parsly
- (salt to tast)
- optional to cook rice in veg.stock
2. Cook lentils with a lot of water until soft to bite (not
mushy) and drain.
3. Fry the onions slowly with some of the oil until brown
(soak the oil with a kichen towel)
4. In a large pan:
stirfry the rice, lentils in olive oil for 2-3 min.
add the cumin, pepperand salt
take off the heat add the parsly and mix.
Serve with the fried onion on top.
I usually add more cumin and pepper when I taste it while
cooking, you can allso fry some of the onion whith the rice
Can be served hot or cold.