from Fred Towner
Serving Size : 6
GARNISH: lemon wedges, cherry tomatoes, or fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon Safflower Oil
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1/4 cup Minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 15 ounces drained Chick Peas
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame seeds
- 1 dash Cumin
In a small skillet, heat oil; saute onion and garlic until onion
Stir just long enough to soften parsley.
In food processor, combine rinsed and drained chick peas and lemon
juice; process until smooth.
Stir in onion and herb mixture; stir in sesame seeds.
Spoon into serving bowl.
Top with garnish if desired.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
VARIATIONS: - substitute 15-oz can Great Northern beans for