From: Karen C.
Serving Size : 6
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -- divided
- 3 medium onions -- sliced
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled & sliced -- into 1/4" rounds
- 2 pounds large zucchini, sliced -- into 1/3" rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded & -- cut into thin rounds
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded & -- cut into thin rounds
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped -- drained of juices
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet and cook
onions and garlic until onions are softened or about 5 minutes.
In a large shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray, place
potatoes, zucchini, and peppers in one overlapping layer, alternating
Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sauteed onions and
Pour tomatoes evenly over layered vegetables, season with parsley
and oregano, and add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add enough water to come halfway up the vegetables.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until all the vegetables are tender.