in Garlic Sauce
From: emily anne
Place eggplant and pepper strips in large bowl; pour 1/3 cup oil over
strips and toss to coat.
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, peeled and cut into 1x1x2-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1x2-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1x2-inch strips
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce or hot bean sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Place vegetables in center of cooking grate.
Grill 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile in small saucepan heat 1/3 cup oil over medium heat.
Add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute until brown.
Add hoisin sauce and stir.
Quickly add sugar, vinegar, broth, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce,
and sesame oil.
Bring to a boil.
Stir cornstarch into water until dissolved.
Add to sauce and stir until thickened.
Pour sauce over vegetables; toss to coat.