From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 6
Preheat broiler and place rack 5 or more inches below the heat.
- 1 large red onion, sliced into -- 1/4" thick rounds
- 2 small zucchini. sliced into -- 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 pound mushrooms -- sliced
- 1 small bundle asparagus, trim off white ends
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into -- 1/2" strips
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic flavored olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley -- finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Place vegetables in a large bowl.
Pour 4 tablespoons of roasted garlic olive oil (from the 1/2 cup)
over vegetables and toss well.
Add more oil, if necessary, to coat vegetables.
Spread vegetables on one layer on a baking sheet.
Place in oven and roast until they are cooked through, about 30
Stir vegetables occasionally to prevent burning.
Vegetables should brown slowly, lower the rack or the heat if they
cook too quickly.
Heat the remainder of the roasted garlic olive oil in a small
saute pan over medium high heat until hot.
Stir in the vinegar, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
Whisk well and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Remove dressing from heat.
Toss dressing with roasted vegetables and serve.