Rice, Beans, and Greens
From: Ian Bailey-Mortimer
Red kidney beans and brown rice are good together with .. hmm,
I think I usually use rosemary and basil or similar.
And if you have a little extra to work with, try this one (which
I had a few days ago - yum!) ..
1.Combine water, kale, rice, and dried seasonings in a medium saucepan.
- 3 cupwater
- 2 cup chopped, packed kale or spinach
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- red pepper flakes - to taste
- 15 oz cooked red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
Stir once, cover, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes.
2.Stir in beans and parsley.
3.Fluff rice with fork; turn off heat.
Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.